"In the midst of our lives, we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Darn budget cuts....

So I finally got in touch with my Placement Supervisor on Monday and the news was not so good. Basically he told me that there were huge budget cuts throughout the Community and Youth Development projects, obviously the projects I'm qualified for. He told me that they couldn't even give me another tentative leave date or location because of the budget cuts. We spoke on the phone for some time and seemed to be impressed with me and my experience, but made it VERY clear that I probably wouldn't be leaving for 6 months to a YEAR! :( His final question was "Do you still want to be considered if you won't be placed for 6months to a year?" I obviously said yes, this is something I have wanted to do for a long time and have my heart set on doing. He told me that he would keep me updated on the situation and if he heard anything he would give me a call.

I am a little disheartened about this, I really hope this gets resolved soon. It would be nice to know a date and location at least, even if it was a year away!

Anyone else going through this??

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is the first I've heard of this..what area were you nominated for and when were you supposed to leave? Hopefully it'll be closer to 6 months for you and not a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was nominated to go to Eastern Europe March 2011 for Youth Development. I really do hope so! Just got keep a positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am nominated for Youth Development and was pushed from early May departure to July/Aug/September departure season! (still no invite yet)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope they figure this all out soon!

    ReplyDelete