"In the midst of our lives, we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."

Monday, May 9, 2011

INVITATION!

So after hearing that I probably wouldn't recieve an invitation for a year, my placement officer calls me today to tell me that I am being invited to serve in Asia leaving in July!!!! I was speechless on the phone. It was so unexpected and just AWESOME! He wouldn't tell me the exact location but told me I would be recieving my formal invitation, the BBP, by the end of the week! I looked at the timeline and there are two Countries in Asia that are leaving in July, Phillipines and Cambodia. Anyone else already have an invitation for either of those countries?

My friends and family have been so supportive of me and were also so happy to hear that it is ACTUALLY happening.

Me, I am all the sudden feeling very overwhelmed, but I know this is something I want to do and am looking forward to sitting down with the BBP when I recieve it to give it a lot of thought before sending back my confirmation. I know I will ultimately take it, but this is a big decision and one that definitely should not be taken lightly.

Well that is all for now, but I will update when I get my BBP with the program details :)

WAAHOOO!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    You are wise in planning to sit down and give serious attention to the contents of the BBP when you receive it. There is a lot to digest and you will find that RAS will pale in comparison to the anxiety that arises from deep within when you hold all of that information & the forms that must be completed and returned and realize that, at long last, this is real.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete